Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

roguefury

macrumors regular
Original poster
Dec 5, 2010
[REDACTED]
I made the leap over to the new iPadPro M4 11" with keyboard. It's fantastic, particularly with the camera having moved to the 'right' location for conference calls, etc.

The keyboard is also really, really good, and I have a nice case to put the entire combo - IPP, Keyboard, and Pencil Pro into. The one thing that I'm a bit concerned about is scratching the back of the iPP when I remove it from the keyboard. Typically, I'll use in drawing mode throughout the day, mostly on desk surfaces. For that purpose, I want to put a skin - doesn't have to be fancy - that doesn't impact connectivity when in keyboard mode.

What brand/type of skin would you recommend?

Aka757

macrumors regular
Sep 22, 2016
Houston
I made the leap over to the new iPadPro M4 11" with keyboard. It's fantastic, particularly with the camera having moved to the 'right' location for conference calls, etc.

The keyboard is also really, really good, and I have a nice case to put the entire combo - IPP, Keyboard, and Pencil Pro into. The one thing that I'm a bit concerned about is scratching the back of the iPP when I remove it from the keyboard. Typically, I'll use in drawing mode throughout the day, mostly on desk surfaces. For that purpose, I want to put a skin - doesn't have to be fancy - that doesn't impact connectivity when in keyboard mode.

What brand/type of skin would you recommend?
I have the Forged Carbon skin from sopiguard on my 13”. It gives a slightly grippy texture without adding any bulk which is exactly what I was looking for. It also includes pieces for the camera bump and the sides which is nice. However, with the previous generation, the piece on the bottom (in landscape) interfered with the Magic Keyboard, so I currently only have the skin on 3 edges.

Attachments

• IMG_2367.jpeg
    IMG_2367.jpeg
    687.7 KB · Views: 48
  • IMG_2366.jpeg
    IMG_2366.jpeg
    440.1 KB · Views: 42
Reactions: roguefury and jazz1

beach bum

macrumors demi-goddess
Oct 6, 2011
Philly
I bought both from dbrand (matte black) and SopiGard (brushed black) for my M4 IPP 13. I decided on the full kit from SopiGuard and will keep the dbrand for back up if needed or if I decide I want to switch. I really like the brushed black as it’s semi glossy and has a great texture for grip. The matte black is sort of smooth with very little texture.

Reactions: roguefury
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.