Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

The Cockney Rebel

macrumors 68030
Original poster
Nov 16, 2018
Personally, I use the Paperlike screen protector on my M4 iPad Pro, and it takes the worry out of scratching my screen with the Apple Pencil.

How about you?

LibbyLA

macrumors 6502a
Jun 16, 2017
Ambison matte tempered glass. It doesn’t wear like the PET screen protectors do and it doesn’t have the rainbow sparkles.

NastyMatt

macrumors 6502
Jul 7, 2020
I went for a matte screen protector and it was just too visible for me - I think the OLED is soooo good that I don’t want to reduce it in anyway. I have a matte protector on my 12.9 IPP which I really liked but obviously the screen is not as good.

I have gone for a tempered glass protector instead, not as good for drawing on (as the matte ones) but the screen still looks amazing.

SamboSoul

macrumors member
Nov 4, 2020
Personally, I use the Paperlike screen protector on my M4 iPad Pro, and it takes the worry out of scratching my screen with the Apple Pencil.

How about you?
I now own an iPad Pro "11 M4 but without a screen protector but I wonder why using an Apple Pencil would scratch the display?

vine-boating

macrumors 68000
Aug 10, 2017
It seems like it is so hard to find the perfect one
Soo many people have different recommendations.

madat42

macrumors 6502
Mar 25, 2011
I installed the ESR tempered glass on my 11 and it went on effortlessly and perfectly. No change in the OLED vibrancy or clarity. These and the obvious protection are big pluses for me. The only knock is that you notice the glossy reflection at first but seems to be non-issue as time goes on. Comes in a two-pack so if I want to try a matte protector and want to switch back I can.

wolfboy

macrumors 6502
Sep 28, 2010
I switched over to a matte screen protector and I love it. No more glare and reflections. No more fingerprints. The screen looks and feels like paper kind of.

Bonus benefit: now that I prefer matte, I don't have OLED envy anymore since the matte negates the OLED blacks.

splifingate

macrumors 68000
Nov 27, 2013
ATL
As above.

ah; aye . . . this has been always been an important consideration for me with my "always-in-the-field" iPhone. I have never gone nekkid on my daily phone.

My latest iPads are x-POS kiosk units (with nothing protecting the screens), and were assumedly submitted to a great deal of finger traffic...

With a decent cleaning, I have not noticed anything but smooth glass.

I think that it's probably the original lack of 'I paid for it' ownership that has made such a decision even questionable.

Appreciate the motivation to hop the fence ;)

Reactions: The Cockney Rebel

The Cockney Rebel

macrumors 68030
Original poster
Nov 16, 2018
ah; aye . . . this has been always been an important consideration for me with my "always-in-the-field" iPhone. I have never gone nekkid on my daily phone.

My latest iPads are x-POS kiosk units (with nothing protecting the screens), and were assumedly submitted to a great deal of finger traffic...

With a decent cleaning, I have not noticed anything but smooth glass.

I think that it's probably the original lack of 'I paid for it' ownership that has made such a decision even questionable.

Appreciate the motivation to hop the fence ;)
Good luck with what you decide to do, bud.

Reactions: splifingate

Ralph_91

macrumors member
Aug 23, 2017
I went with a Hybrid-Solution in the end. Using an ESR Armorite Tempered Glass and when I’m outdoors in the sun, I use the Bellemond Magnetic Kent on top. Best of both worlds. Glare can be a pain outside, so i rather dip some quality, before seeing almost nothing. When in shady conditions, I want my OLED to shine. :cool:

alecgold

macrumors 65816
Oct 11, 2007
NLD
I’ve used a glass one, a generic mat plastic one, a tempered glass one, one with an oleophobic coating. But I replaced them with a new paperlike.
I write a lot and the glass ones and the naked screen is to slippery for my taste. The generic mat plastic sheet was like writing on sandpaper.
The paper like gives just a little bit of resistance. And it doesn’t degrade the screen quality too much, IMHO.

The Cockney Rebel

macrumors 68030
Original poster
Nov 16, 2018
Can you link this one?
Here you go, buddy.

UK.

Reactions: NYCValkyrie
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.