Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

mindquest

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Oct 25, 2009
MacOS: Sonoma
iPhone IOS 17.4

Is there a way to move some images in the MacOS Photo App to an iPhone camera roll? Son just bought first iPhone and wanted to move some of his school photos to his camera roll.

NOTE: We are saving our Mac Photo App to iCloud

Slartibart

macrumors 68040
Aug 19, 2020
I look at that route but I need the ability for hundreds of photos. Thanks for your reply!

Still hoping someone knows a way to do this.
Well, it works for hundreds too. 😁 But you can additionally sync between mac and iphone.

iStorm

macrumors 68000
Sep 18, 2012
I'm guessing you're using your iCloud account on the Mac, and your son is using his iCloud account on his iPhone. If so, use a Shared Album. You can then just leave it as a Shared Album, or he can download/save the pictures from there if you don't want the album to stick around.

Reactions: Slartibart

mindquest

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Oct 25, 2009
I'm guessing you're using your iCloud account on the Mac, and your son is using his iCloud account on his iPhone. If so, use a Shared Album. You can then just leave it as a Shared Album, or he can download/save the pictures from there if you don't want the album to stick around.
We don't use iCloud for photos which is why I was hoping for an easy way to load his camera roll.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.