Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

iMas70

macrumors 65816
Original poster
Sep 4, 2012
MA
I think I'm going to replace my OG HomePod that stopped working with version 2. I had it for a few year so AC wouldn't have done my another good. Has anyone purchased and used AC for their HP? I'm considering it for this one just incase. I usually have it for my phone and iPads.

danmart

macrumors 68000
Apr 24, 2015
Lancs, UK
I bought my first OG HomePod when they were initially released, and eventually had six (and four HomePod Minis too).

I bought one of the OG HomePods with AC+ because I was planning to use it in a conservatory and so it would experience a wider temperature range and potentially more moisture than devices in other rooms. It is still fine about six years later. In fact, only one of my OG HomePods has failed and the other five are still going strong. I replaced the failed HomePod with a Mini since I didn’t need the output of a full-size device.

So, I wouldn’t personally bother with AC+ on another HomePod.

SamboSoul

macrumors member
Nov 4, 2020
stationary devices like AppleTV, iMac, HomePods.. I don’t get AC+ for. Mobile products like Apple Watch, iPhone, iPads that are more likely to get damaged - yes!

Reactions: Itinj24

iMas70

macrumors 65816
Original poster
Sep 4, 2012
MA
stationary devices like AppleTV, iMac, HomePods.. I don’t get AC+ for. Mobile products like Apple Watch, iPhone, iPads that are more likely to get damaged - yes!

I'm the same way. Actually, I believe I also got it for my iMac. I've had that for a number of years so I don't remember if I did. I may just roll the dice and see what happens with the new HomePod.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.