Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

DouglasCarroll

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Dec 27, 2016
Hey everyone,

So if you have an old Griffin RadioShark that you love and are sad that Griffin stopped supporting it years and years ago here's some great news. A Canadian developer has written his own 64bit app for the RadioShark that work fantastic. I'm currently using it myself with Mac OS 12.6.3 Monterey so give it a try and once again enjoy the glory of your RadioShark equipped Mac!!

Here's his website...

Also the download is free to try and then you can "donate" to him if you want to. (I did)

Enjoy!!

:)

carvacs

macrumors newbie
Aug 15, 2022
Hey everyone,

So if you have an old Griffin RadioShark that you love and are sad that Griffin stopped supporting it years and years ago here's some great news. A Canadian developer has written his own 64bit app for the RadioShark that work fantastic. I'm currently using it myself with Mac OS 12.6.3 Monterey so give it a try and once again enjoy the glory of your RadioShark equipped Mac!!

Here's his website...

Also the download is free to try and then you can "donate" to him if you want to. (I did)

Enjoy!!

Hi i have been looking for something like this for a long time. Unfortunately the link and the website does not work anymore.

carvacs

macrumors newbie
Aug 15, 2022
Thanks a lot. I have to admit that yesterday using the web.archive.org, I found a saved version of the web site, so I contact the developer and today he replied and gave me a link to the Radio app version Version 1.3.0 (beta3).

Also I want to add, that I have been using RadioShark with a Windows 11 compatible app in a virtual machine.

In any case, the MacOS app developed by John Fowler works flawlessly in Apple Silicon with Rosetta 2.

DouglasCarroll

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Dec 27, 2016
Awesome! Thanks for the updated info and a link to the software. I downloaded it and it runs perfectly although I'm not certain what's different from the older version.

I'm glad the author contacted you. I actually paid him some money on his website for the program and sent him an e-mail but never heard back so I'm glad you were able to get through to him.

It's great continuing to use older hardware like the Radio Shark with our newer Macs.

MRubenzahl

macrumors newbie
Sep 25, 2010
Wow, this was unexpected. I just found my old RadioShark and was about to toss it but thought I would see if there was software for it. Did not expect to find anything!

The old beast actually works! Not that I listen to radio but was kinda fun to blip through the stations.

Reactions: DouglasCarroll
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.