Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

loby

macrumors 68000
Original poster
Jul 1, 2010
One of the highlights of a new macOS is looking forward to the new main wallpaper representing the new or updated OS.

This (of course) might be minor to some..but I enjoy waiting to see what Apple designers create to represent their brand for the year.

I have liked almost all of Apple's wallpaper backgrounds over the years (some more than others), but THIS YEAR...I am not a fan. Being a graphic artist for some years, I probably have our bias and/or tastes. :). I have tried letting it grow on me over the week...but it is not.

I showed it to my wife (thinking that I am just too picky or bias or something - she is usually more open minded about these things), but once she saw it she said, "Ooo..who did that..Apple? It looks like a kid crayon drawing...It's terrible." LOL

If a child did it this year and Apple is doing something to promote something or highlight a contest for the iPad or back to school something, of course it would be ok. Nothing wrong with kid's artwork. It is fun at times and refreshing...

But I am just curious what people think of it, especially representing macOS Sequoia...

Thoughts? (this is just a fun discussion and not so serious or needs attacking), just opinions are welcomed. :)

chabig

macrumors G4
Sep 6, 2002
I don't see what you see. My opinion is that it's fine, because we can choose our own wallpaper.

loby

macrumors 68000
Original poster
Jul 1, 2010
The crooked beans in the middle kind of bug me, but it is probably just my taste. Not a fan of the orange.

Macbookey

macrumors member
Dec 15, 2023
The classic Mac live wallpaper is the one I will be going with. I love that it is included. I personally don’t care for defaults for the past several years. Doesn’t feel like a lot of thought was put into them, which jives with the neglect the Mac has endured for over a decade. Minus Apple silicon of course, and the hardware that was born out of it as a result.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.