Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

varezhka

macrumors member
Original poster
Jun 10, 2022
I am wondering if there was a way to set different preferences and security settings based on Mac/iOS Safari profiles. For example, certain work related sites require cross site tracking cookies which I normally have disabled. Having this enabled for my work Profile and disabled for personal would save me the hassle of going to Settings each time. Are there such capabilities?

My guess would be “no” and I’d be better off just having a separate browser for work use, but I thought maybe our best and the brightest had better ideas.

Ruggy

macrumors 6502a
Jan 11, 2017
I don't know about brightest but if you go into Safari> settings and scroll along to 'profiles' then you should be able to create a profile that allows you to do that.
According to the blurb it allows you to independently choose settings for the profile including privacy and that includes cross site tracking prevention
(In case you aren't familiar with it, 'Settings' can be found if you click on Safari in the bar top left and it's about third line down)

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.