Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

deckard666

macrumors 65816
Original poster
Jan 16, 2007
Falmouth
So no matter how many times I drag the shortcut from my library into the Finder window so I can just open a Finder window and click Desktop for access to files it just seems to randomly disappear out of there - any ideas why ?

kirbyrun

macrumors 6502
Jul 26, 2009
Seconded! Keeps happening to me, too. It's like my Mac is gaslighting me.

"What Desktop shortcut? You never dragged a Desktop shortcut over here..."

ufo2826

macrumors newbie
Oct 12, 2013
So no matter how many times I drag the shortcut from my library into the Finder window so I can just open a Finder window and click Desktop for access to files it just seems to randomly disappear out of there - any ideas why ?
I had 10-12 favorite locations (some were 3 levels "deep") in Finder Sidebar Favorites and overnight they all just went away. Not exactly the same situation as yours, but I'm betting the 2 are related. Frustrating! This used to happen much more frequently, but I've not seen it in several months ... thought perhaps it was fixed!

ashleykaryl

macrumors 6502
Jul 22, 2011
UK
I've had this many times with lots of favourites disappearing every dew days and prior to Sonoma as well. Lately it has actually been better.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.