Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Luis Ortega

macrumors 65816
Original poster
May 10, 2007
I have an old 2007 core 2 duo Santa Rosa 17 inch MacBook Pro that seems to turn on and you can hear the chime and some keyboard sounds and the keyboard lights up, but the screen stays dark.
is there any way to connect it to another monitor to see if it still works?

eyoungren

macrumors Penryn
Aug 31, 2011
I have an old 2007 core 2 duo Santa Rosa 17 inch MacBook Pro that seems to turn on and you can hear the chime and some keyboard sounds and the keyboard lights up, but the screen stays dark.
Look on the side of your MBP. There should be a DVI port. Hook up a display.

Nguyen Duc Hieu

macrumors 68030
Jul 5, 2020
Ho Chi Minh City, Vietnam

Do you have a monitor with DVI input port?
If yes, then you will need this adaptor, and a DVI to DVI cable. It's called mini DVI to DVI adapter. Not very difficult to find online. It's obsolete and cheap, too.

OIP.arlPu9FVksdA9Y4G1LB23gHaHa

Reactions: Luis Ortega

Luis Ortega

macrumors 65816
Original poster
May 10, 2007
Do you have a monitor with DVI input port?
If yes, then you will need this adaptor, and a DVI to DVI cable. It's called mini DVI to DVI adapter. Not very difficult to find online. It's obsolete and cheap, too.

OIP.arlPu9FVksdA9Y4G1LB23gHaHa
Thanks, I have dozens of obsolete cables and adapters, so I will give it a try.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.