Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

gilby101

macrumors 68030
Mar 17, 2010
Tasmania
is there a similar thing on mac so i can remove the wrong password delay?

I hope not - it is a security feature to slow those trying to guess your password.

But I can see that is problem if you are having to guess your own password! Maybe a sticky note - on no, that is even worse security.;)

Reactions: MarkC426

eckndu

macrumors regular
Original poster
Jun 20, 2008
thanks for the bumps. im stll looking for a possible solution

KALLT

macrumors 603
Sep 23, 2008
I am guessing that this works on macOS also, albeit in a different configuration file in /etc/pam.d/. You could try adding nodelay and see what happens. I would make a backup before though.

This delay is actually a security feature. I would not recommend disabling this.

eckndu

macrumors regular
Original poster
Jun 20, 2008
if you have passcode on iphone, you can try to put in a wrong code and see what i think is a better ui experience. for the first few tries there is no delay. it even allows you to start typing your 2nd attempt before the wrong code shaking animation is over.

Reactions: Arctic Moose

Brien

macrumors 68040
Aug 11, 2008
I'm bumping this as I have the same question. I know on Intel macs you can effectively bypass the T2, is there anything similar here? Setting a nodelay/nolockout?

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.