Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

iHorseHead

macrumors 68000
Original poster
Jan 1, 2021
Hey!
I've been working on my app and in the console I constantly get the following error:

Code:
CLIENT ERROR: TUINSRemoteViewController does not override -viewServiceDidTerminateWithError: and thus cannot react to catastrophic errors beyond logging them
Can I just ignore it? Other than that my app seems to work fine.

casperes1996

macrumors 604
Jan 26, 2014
Horsens, Denmark
Hi, HorseHead - This doesn't sound like a problem in your code but rather a problem in a remote view controller and its service view; That is, a view from a remote process presented inside your process' space. Examples of which are ATT, MapKit, SFSafariViewControllers - If you're not noticing issues in your app, yeah, I'd ignore it. I've read reports that there's been issues with the recent versions of macOS too where even NSTextFields can cause this logging

• Love
Reactions: iHorseHead

iHorseHead

macrumors 68000
Original poster
Jan 1, 2021
Hi, HorseHead - This doesn't sound like a problem in your code but rather a problem in a remote view controller and its service view; That is, a view from a remote process presented inside your process' space. Examples of which are ATT, MapKit, SFSafariViewControllers - If you're not noticing issues in your app, yeah, I'd ignore it. I've read reports that there's been issues with the recent versions of macOS too where even NSTextFields can cause this logging
Thank you so much. I couldn't figure out what's wrong and whether or not it can be ignored. I'll just ignore it then :)

Senor Cuete

macrumors 6502
Nov 9, 2011
Recent Versions of XCode report a lot of weird internal errors in the console when you run/debug a Mac Application. There's already a thread about this:

Ignore it.

Reactions: iHorseHead

iHorseHead

macrumors 68000
Original poster
Jan 1, 2021
Recent Versions of XCode report a lot of weird internal errors in the console when you run/debug a Mac Application. There's already a thread about this:

Ignore it.
That's sad. Wish I would've started being more interested in cocoa development when I first got my Mac and played around with Xcode. I loved Xcode 3. I remember Xcode 3 being more comfortable, lightweight and the interface builder was cool and I remember building my own little apps and you were able to create an installer for your app very easily.

Even though I'm not a professional I think Xcode has gone downhill over the years or maybe I'm just old. After all I still miss Mac OS X Leopard. It felt so futuristic. I don't get the same feeling with the modern macOS, but thanks a lot.

Also, sometimes when I open an empty project I get errors immediately and can't build my app because idk what errors and then I have to delete my project and start a new one. Apple isn't what it used to be.

casperes1996

macrumors 604
Jan 26, 2014
Horsens, Denmark
That's sad. Wish I would've started being more interested in cocoa development when I first got my Mac and played around with Xcode. I loved Xcode 3. I remember Xcode 3 being more comfortable, lightweight and the interface builder was cool and I remember building my own little apps and you were able to create an installer for your app very easily.

Even though I'm not a professional I think Xcode has gone downhill over the years or maybe I'm just old. After all I still miss Mac OS X Leopard. It felt so futuristic. I don't get the same feeling with the modern macOS, but thanks a lot.

Also, sometimes when I open an empty project I get errors immediately and can't build my app because idk what errors and then I have to delete my project and start a new one. Apple isn't what it used to be.
I work professionally in Xcode every day. I do still love modern Apple stuff and while I have a fondness for the older stuff I think it’s often rose tinted glasses and the new is just as cool. But I bloody hate Xcode 15. There’s a lot of cool stuff in modern Xcode. But it feels so heavy and sluggish and there’s so many issues. I really hope (but doubt) Xcode 16 will improve a lot when we see it next week.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.