Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

marmiteturkey

macrumors 6502a
Aug 27, 2005
London
I just received mine today (2 days after ordering in the UK) for my M4 11in Pro.

Initial thoughts are fairly if not unreservedly positive; it’s a compromise and a well-designed and worthwhile one:
it really reduces contrast on the OLED display, which would be a shame except it is very easy to install and remove, with no residue, and for notetaking etc it’s tolerable. More noticeable than the nanotexture glass, but not permanent of course
the feel of writing with a fine (0.7) metal nib on a toothy surface is really great and much better than the default
it’s a better solution than the paperlike I had on my old 12.9 m1, mainly because it’s removable and gives less of a rainbow moire
I’m a bit nervous that I’ll forget about the metal nib, take the protector off, and put a scratch across the screen with the RPP nib…

I’ll probably leave it on for work days and take it off in the evenings if I can be bothered and am watching movies on my iPad. I use it for both and it’s a serious productivity device as well as a media consumption one for me…

G46&Fbnth5

macrumors regular
Mar 10, 2021
I just received mine today (2 days after ordering in the UK) for my M4 11in Pro.

Initial thoughts are fairly if not unreservedly positive; it’s a compromise and a well-designed and worthwhile one:
it really reduces contrast on the OLED display, which would be a shame except it is very easy to install and remove, with no residue, and for notetaking etc it’s tolerable. More noticeable than the nanotexture glass, but not permanent of course
the feel of writing with a fine (0.7) metal nib on a toothy surface is really great and much better than the default
it’s a better solution than the paperlike I had on my old 12.9 m1, mainly because it’s removable and gives less of a rainbow moire
I’m a bit nervous that I’ll forget about the metal nib, take the protector off, and put a scratch across the screen with the RPP nib…

I’ll probably leave it on for work days and take it off in the evenings if I can be bothered and am watching movies on my iPad. I use it for both and it’s a serious productivity device as well as a media consumption one for me…
Do you have any update on your experience with this product? Did it get scratches? Did the nib wore down?

marmiteturkey

macrumors 6502a
Aug 27, 2005
London
Do you have any update on your experience with this product? Did it get scratches? Did the nib wore down?
I find myself taking it on and off quite a bit, depending on what I’m doing that day - the screen is so good that I don’t want any degradation unless I’m writing a lot. But for days when I’m primarily note taking (when I have my MBP with me) it’s great. There are no scratches on the protector and the nib is made of metal so I’m not expecting it to wear down.

It’s easy to take on and off as well, marginal hassle of replacing the nib each time.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.