Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

MacRumors

macrumors bot
Original poster
Apr 12, 2001

Apple Watch Ultra repairs cost $499 without an AppleCare+ plan in the United States, according to Apple's website. This fee applies to an Apple Watch Ultra with damage to the titanium case, display, buttons, sensors, or other components.

Apple-Watch-Ultra-3up-hero-220907_Full-Bleed-Image.jpg.large_.jpg

Apple can also replace the battery in an Apple Watch Ultra for a $99 fee, regardless of whether the customer has AppleCare+ coverage.

By comparison, repair fees for the Apple Watch Series 8 range from $299 to $399 without an AppleCare+ plan, while a replacement battery costs $79. Repair fees for the second-generation Apple Watch SE range from $199 to $229.

AppleCare+ for the Apple Watch Ultra is available for $99 upfront or $4.99 per month and includes unlimited incidents of accidental damage protection, with each incident subject to a $79 service fee. Like any form of insurance, customers who purchase AppleCare+ can save money in the event they damage their Apple Watch Ultra.

Inspired by the "most extreme activities," the Apple Watch Ultra features a rugged design with a 49mm titanium case, a larger display with a flat sapphire crystal cover, new bands designed for the outdoors, water resistance up to a depth of 100 meters, a customizable bright orange "Action" button, and more. Unlike regular Apple Watch models, the Ultra also has a protruded housing for the Digital Crown and Side Button.

Apple Watch Ultra is available to order for $799 and will launch in stores and begin arriving to customers on September 23. All models include a titanium case and cellular connectivity along with the choice of an Alpine Loop, Trail Loop, or Ocean Band.

Article Link: Apple Watch Ultra Repairs Cost $499 Without AppleCare+

• Haha
Reactions: Funny Apple Man

SamRyouji

macrumors 6502
Jun 1, 2016
The repair bill is equivalent to a brand new Apple Watch Series 8 41mm Cellular, or 64GB WiFi iPad mini. Wow.
Premium product, premium features, premium repair bills also.
In my country without Apple Store (thus, no AppleCare+), this is a great news. Why? Because those pretentious outdoorsy people who only go to malls for walk and call it "a workout" will be put off buying it because of this news.

wallinbl

macrumors regular
Jan 11, 2003
Apple will not provide Hardware Services or ADH Services in the following circumstances: (a) To protect against normal wear and tear, or to repair cosmetic damage not affecting the functionality of the Covered Equipment; (b) To conduct preventative maintenance; (c) To replace Covered Equipment that is lost or stolen; (d) To repair damage caused by reckless, abusive, willful or intentional conduct, or any use of the Covered Equipment in a manner not normal or intended by Apple;

So is rock climbing covered or not? Cause it's not at all good for the regular Apple Watch.

decypher44

macrumors 68000
Feb 24, 2007
Orange County, CA
….In my country without Apple Store (thus, no AppleCare+), this is a great news. Why? Because those pretentious outdoorsy people who only go to malls for walk and call it "a workout" will be put off buying it because of this news.
I fail to see why that’s great news. Like, your happiness depends on what other people wear or do with their money? Is it a cultural thing? I’m really at a loss as to how that would be great news.

NightFox

macrumors 68040
May 10, 2005
Shropshire, UK
Another move by Apple that flies in the face of its claimed sustainability credentials by potentially rendering lightly damaged devices not worth the cost of repair, when in reality a $50 fix could be sufficient to keep the watch going for many more years. Or, you buy Apple Care and you pay to uphold Apple's commitment to the environment.

GMShadow

macrumors 68000
Jun 8, 2021
These are watches for rich people, who won't notice or care how much repairs cost.
They're really not. A Seamaster or Submariner is a watch for a rich person. This is a middle class watch, achievable by lower-middle class with some stretching.

Either way, AC+ is a good idea. I only had to use it on my S1 when the screen started showing retention issues, but it was handy to have then.

GMShadow

macrumors 68000
Jun 8, 2021
How long can you buy the monthly option? For the life of the device?
From past experience monthly payments go for the usual length of AC+, then you can set it to renew 'indefinitely', which presumably means until Apple stops offering replacements/support.

SamRyouji

macrumors 6502
Jun 1, 2016
Why would you care if they did buy one though?
They usually flaunt it in front of others, pretending to check their hair or whatever that needs to do with raising the wrist. The same with any latest phone: pretending to be on the phone just to tell the whole world they have a brand spanking newest, latest and greatest. Lately, my country has been evolving backwards.
I know, I should just ignore them. But you know, it's like 7 out of 10 people in public do this kind of atrocious thing and suddenly it's too hard to ignore and become an eyesore.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.