Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

sh.mcadams

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Jun 21, 2024
Hi,

I am new here, take it easy on me.

I am having a headache with Apple Pay and adding my card, the dreaded, "Cannot Add Card".

Here is what I have done:

1. Contacted my bank, they advised they cannot do anything, we need to send a request to Apple to fix it.
2. I contacted Apple, they said there is no issues on my device, no issues on adding the same card to another device, we tried.
3. I tried all the steps below as a work around to see if it would fix my issue.
- Formatted device
- Created a new Apple account, also reset network settings
- Changed my passcode
- Country & Region are fine
- Added the card to Apple Pay on the device and it WORKS.
4. Logged out, logged in to my main iCloud account where I use my services, tried to add card, it fails and says cannot add the card.

I am not sure how to get Apple to fix this, it seems to be only attached to the Apple ID vs the actual handset itself.

Apple is to call me tomorrow, but I am trying to see if anyone else has had the issue and may have other solutions for me to try?

Last edited:

Sheepish-Lord

macrumors 68020
Oct 13, 2021
What’s the card or bank? What country are you in? A lot of apps will add the card to your Apple wallet vs trying to add it the other way around.

sh.mcadams

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Jun 21, 2024
Sorry, missed this.

Australia - NATIONAL AUSTRALIA BANK.

When I called Apple, they did a walk-through, but that did not help. They refreshed the back-end of the Apple iCloud account, but it does not work; all the steps troubleshooting conducted did not fix the issue.

The only time I got this to work was through a new iCloud account and Apple is still following up. I assume if Apple and the bank cannot fix it, then I am SOOL.
What’s the card or bank? What country are you in? A lot of apps will add the card to your Apple wallet vs trying to add it the other way around.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.