Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

JGS312

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Nov 5, 2022
Is anyone else having a problem with the Apple Pencil Pro not working properly? There are times where I go to use it and I cannot double tap or use the squeeze feature. It also will get stuck to the point where my pen lines are super thin. I have to restart the iPad for it to start working again. Trying to determine if this is a software related issue or if I need to get my pencil replaced.

MazingerZND

macrumors regular
Jul 13, 2022
Yes! I have been having these issues too. Sometimes it gets solved by rebooting the iPad, but other times I need to unpair and pair the Pencil again…it’s quite frustrating :(

JGS312

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Nov 5, 2022
Yes! I have been having these issues too. Sometimes it gets solved by rebooting the iPad, but other times I need to unpair and pair the Pencil again…it’s quite frustrating :(
I’m glad that I’m not the only one! The fastest workaround I found is to turn Bluetooth off and then back on. It works every time if you shut off Bluetooth from the settings app. I’m hoping this is software related. However, I am leaning towards hardware.

Reactions: MazingerZND

MazingerZND

macrumors regular
Jul 13, 2022
I’m glad that I’m not the only one! The fastest workaround I found is to turn Bluetooth off and then back on. It works every time if you shut off Bluetooth from the settings app. I’m hoping this is software related. However, I am leaning towards hardware.
Yeah I did that too but it didn’t always work…I am thinking of going to the Apple Store and have it checked out

richpjr

macrumors 68040
May 9, 2006
I had it happen once and wasn't sure if it was the pencil or because I was running on the new iPadOS developer beta.

Kiimora

macrumors 65816
Sep 11, 2014
London UK
So far the only issue I have experienced with the APP was that it paired ok with the first M4 iPad, however fast forward to a week later , it will not pair nor be discoverable by the 2nd iPad, hence charging was impossible. Basically I swapped the black M4 13�� for the silver. I eventually returned the pencil for a new one . I tried every trick in the book to no avail, It appeared the first pencil was locked to the first iPad , this should not be the case. 🤷‍♀️

JGS312

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Nov 5, 2022
So far the only issue I have experienced with the APP was that it paired ok with the first M4 iPad, however fast forward to a week later , it will not pair nor be discoverable by the 2nd iPad, hence charging was impossible. Basically I swapped the black M4 13” for the silver. I eventually returned the pencil for a new one . I tried every trick in the book to no avail, It appeared the first pencil was locked to the first iPad , this should not be the case. 🤷‍♀️
So maybe the pencils are bad?

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.