Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

lsquare

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Jul 30, 2010
I just learned that participating publications like WaPo don't grant access to all articles. It seems ridiculous Apple would even allow this. Are there any other limitations? I'm guessing magazines have full access and older issues. Newspapers can arbitrarily decide what I can and can't read even though I'm paying for a subscription?

Is anyone here able to screenshot articles in magazines or the news article or there is DRM?

lsquare

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Jul 30, 2010
It is high quality and shows everything on the screen from my iPhone 15 pro. I am sure the picture would show even more information when done on my M4 iPad Pro or M3 Pro MacBook.
That's awesome. I'm assuming you didn't test this on your iPad? I'm guessing the screenshot will look best when done on an iPad since magazines are formatted closer to the iPad's screen aspect ratio so more would be captured without scrolling?

Eric Idle

macrumors 6502a
Jan 4, 2020
I just learned that participating publications like WaPo don't grant access to all articles. It seems ridiculous Apple would even allow this. Are there any other limitations? I'm guessing magazines have full access and older issues. Newspapers can arbitrarily decide what I can and can't read even though I'm paying for a subscription?

Is anyone here able to screenshot articles in magazines or the news article or there is DRM?
You are subscribing to Apple News+, NOT the Washington Post. IF you want full access to the Post you have to subscribe to it.

Reactions: lsquare
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.