Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

varezhka

macrumors member
Original poster
Jun 10, 2022
Just like the title says. Curious whether anyone here was looking to try the new Logitech Keys-to-Go 2 that was just announced today for their iPads:
https://www.logitech.com/en-us/products/tablet-keyboards/keys-to-go2-universal.920-012867.html

About the same weight as the BT Magic Keyboard or almost half the K380s Pebble Keys 2. Designed for portable use, so should be more durable than the BT Magic Keyboard (yes, I've bent one before).

I'm happy now using MX Keys Mini as my home and travel keyboard, but something smaller/lighter to keep in my bag is appealing.

sracer

macrumors G4
Apr 9, 2010
where hip is spoken
Just like the title says. Curious whether anyone here was looking to try the new Logitech Keys-to-Go 2 that was just announced today for their iPads:
https://www.logitech.com/en-us/products/tablet-keyboards/keys-to-go2-universal.920-012867.html

About the same weight as the BT Magic Keyboard or almost half the K380s Pebble Keys 2. Designed for portable use, so should be more durable than the BT Magic Keyboard (yes, I've bent one before).

I'm happy now using MX Keys Mini as my home and travel keyboard, but something smaller/lighter to keep in my bag is appealing.
I have two Keys-to-Go (one iOS/Mac OS the other Android/Windows... though they both work on all systems). I also have two K380 keyboards... a dark grey for use with my M2 Mac Mini and an orange K380 for use with my other systems.

Given the photos, I don't have any interest in the Keys-to-Go 2, but I'll need to wait and see it in person before drawing any final conclusions. It could either be the best of both worlds (K380 & KtG) or the worst of both. :)

wib

macrumors regular
Nov 16, 2013
Thank you for the link and information! I love my original Keys-to-Go and so was very interested to see the next generation would be like...

My first opinion was that it looked bulky, heavy and lost a lot of the appeal of the original. Looking again, the sustainability angle and replaceable batteries and a cover, make it worth a second look.

It would be good to see it in person though. My original is so rarely used that the battery doesn't really hold a charge for long anymore. I wonder if they will be putting the original version on sale now... It could potentially end up being an almost win-win situation if you're a fan of either generation and move quickly.

Looking again at the Japan site, they're only offering it in graphite here. A bit of a lost opportunity as colours are quite popular here.

Last edited:
Reactions: varezhka

raycornwall

macrumors newbie
Dec 13, 2021
I really want to try this. It looks less bulky that some of the other bluetooth keyboards I've seen.

TorontoSS

macrumors 65816
Nov 9, 2009
I purchased it last week and I think it’s great. It’s incredibly light weight so it looks heavy but it isn’t. I actually use the cover kind of as a shelf for my iPad mini to be on it as I type on my lap.

The feel is great. Obviously.not as robust as mx keys but still very good. I’d say similar feel in typing though. I had tried out the keys to go 1 and I had a typo every 4 seconds. Keys to go 2 is much much more reliable.

wib

macrumors regular
Nov 16, 2013
I purchased it last week and I think it’s great. It’s incredibly light weight so it looks heavy but it isn’t. I actually use the cover kind of as a shelf for my iPad mini to be on it as I type on my lap.

The feel is great. Obviously.not as robust as mx keys but still very good. I’d say similar feel in typing though. I had tried out the keys to go 1 and I had a typo every 4 seconds. Keys to go 2 is much much more reliable.
Good choice! I finally got to see one in the shop today. It's deceptively light. You're quite right! I thought it was lovely, and I'm definitely going to get one the next I travel abroad.

Enjoy it!

varezhka

macrumors member
Original poster
Jun 10, 2022
Thank you both for your impressions! That is very encouraging.
I’m still waiting to see the keyboard in my local shops myself, but the early reviews all sounds just as positive about the keyboard. I can’t wait to try.

DeepSix

macrumors 6502a
Feb 4, 2022
I was just reading on this keyboard the other day. I was interested in it until it said no backlight, not interested anymore. I don’t understand why it’s so difficult to find a small keyboard that has backlight and hot keys.

Personally, I’m waiting for Logitech to release an MX keys mini S that will have controllable backlight. I have the MX keys S for at home use but I want a mini version for on the go.

varezhka

macrumors member
Original poster
Jun 10, 2022
I don’t understand why it’s so difficult to find a small keyboard that has backlight and hot keys.

This is a 200g travel keyboard, or about the same weight as your (non-keyboard) Apple Smart Folio. A backlight will add weight, thickness, and reduced battery life. Simply a wrong feature for the tool.

As for the MX Keys Mini S, I wouldn’t hold my breath. The current MX Keys Mini is already closer in features to Keys S than the original Keys so I doubt Logitech is in any hurry to update.

TorontoSS

macrumors 65816
Nov 9, 2009
I agree with the above comment. A backlight, while cool, would drive up cost and weight. And given this is a keyboard meant to move around, adding those things won’t help. What helps is having keys that work, and are responsive. To me, the original keys to go didn’t really have that.

Reactions: apparatchik

DeepSix

macrumors 6502a
Feb 4, 2022
This is a 200g travel keyboard, or about the same weight as your (non-keyboard) Apple Smart Folio. A backlight will add weight, thickness, and reduced battery life. Simply a wrong feature for the tool.

As for the MX Keys Mini S, I wouldn’t hold my breath. The current MX Keys Mini is already closer in features to Keys S than the original Keys so I doubt Logitech is in any hurry to update.

Good point. Im actually eyeing the new G515 that was just announced 2 days ago. Looks very portable. Stores should be receiving stock soon. Logitech has it up on their store right now.

This Keys to Go 2 I am curious to try out just because of how portable and light it is. It's probably as close as we get on a windows keyboard that is as light and as thin as the Apple Magic Bluetooth keyboard. The keys on the Go 2 look cheap though. Im not a fan of the soft rubber on the original Keys to Go. You're right, the 220g weight is the biggest selling point. The cover flap is a nice bonus.

Keys S came out last year. Logitech has taken a beating from customers on the lack of controllable backlight on the Keys Mini. Now that they fixed that issue by releasing the Keys S, I would think a Mini S is eventually coming. MX Keys Mini is a couple of years old and isn't new anymore.

I may just stick with using my Apple Bluetooth keyboard for on the go for the time being. Can't beat that keyboard for typing experience and weight. 0.5lb in weight so matches the Keys to Go 2. Highly doubt the Keys 2 Go would be the same quality.

Last edited:

Mr West

macrumors member
Apr 9, 2012
I got one too, and must say (price aside) it’s great!

For my use case I don’t understand the appeal of the Magic Keyboard. Most of my iPad use is in tablet mode, so I don’t want the heavy keyboard.

However when traveling it’s great to have an ultralight keyboard I can whip out, placing the iPad on an improvised stand and get some work done.

Reactions: varezhka
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.