Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

VitoBotta

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Dec 2, 2020
Espoo, Finland
I love Apple's default Mail app (it just works and search is super fast) but I also would like the snoozing feature. I tried Airmail that was okaish but search sucked royally; I don't like Spark at all since they changed UX (Spark Classic was a lot better but I guess it's no longer maintained).

At the moment I am trying Canary Mail which seems OK, it has snoozing and search seems to work well but before committing to pay for it (since snoozing is a paid feature), is there another app (both macOS and iOS) that you recommend I try first?

Fishrrman

macrumors Penryn
Feb 20, 2009
I've tried "alternatives" to the Mail.app, just to see if they worked better.

Having said that, I've NEVER found ANY of them that was as satisfying to use as Mail.app -- especially for composing.

Not that the others didn't work.
They just didn't "work as well for me" as does Mail.

My main "complaint" with Mail is the setup panes, which are confusing.
Apple's new "internet" settings pane helps a little, but there are still ISPs that don't use it.

Also... the lion's share of my email goes through ISPs/servers connected into yahoo.
And yahoo's mail seems balky at times, particularly with authentication.
But again, these complaints are from issues that are "local to me".

My experience and opinion only.
Others' experiences will be different.

VitoBotta

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Dec 2, 2020
Espoo, Finland
Use the new mail reminder option. That may accomplish your needs.

I don't like it because it needs to leave the email in the inbox for it to work. It doesn't work with archived emails. Is there an addon or something for the Apple Mail app to add proper snoozing functionality? That's basically the only thing I miss.

VitoBotta

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Dec 2, 2020
Espoo, Finland
Unbelievable! I just found out that the remind feature in the Apple Mail app now works with archived emails! I snoozed a couple of emails, archived them and they still appear in the "Remind Me" folder! I will get a confirmation tomorrow if they actually return to the inbox as I hope but the first impression is that Apple has fixed the feature finally.

Could this be a Sequoia thing? Since I upgraded to the developer beta and I didn't notice this behavior in Sonoma.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.