Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

macrumors member
Original poster
Feb 7, 2024
These are about using Safari 17.5 in Sonoma.

1) How can I tell if the page I have open in Safari is already bookmarked (w/o having to search bookmarks)? This seems like such an obvious function that I feel like I must be missing something.

2) How do I search for bookmark folders in the sidebar? Search seems to ignore the folders altogether.

3) If I right-click on a bookmark in the sidebar and select Copy, then move the cursor over a bookmark folder and right-click again, the context menu offers another Copy selection but not Paste. What? Why is there no Paste selection?

gilby101

macrumors 68030
Mar 17, 2010
Tasmania
Q1 and Q2: I don't think you can!

Q3: I get that too. That is weird. But you can drag and drop using the option key to distinguish between move and copy. When doing much editing, I use Edit Bookmarks (from menu bar or option-command-B) - but that doesn't change what works (maybe a bit easier).

Reactions: 2024

MacGizmo

macrumors 68040
Apr 27, 2003
Arizona
#1 You can't.
#2 You can't.
#3 Because: Software Engineers and lack of QA. I never noticed this issue (I use the Option + Drag method to make copies throughout the OS, and never had the need to have a copy of a bookmark – so I probably never would have noticed had you not mentioned it).

Reactions: 2024

macrumors member
Original poster
Feb 7, 2024
I just find it odd that such seemingly obvious functionalities would not be present these days. Well, anyway, thank you both for your replies.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.