Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

FireFish

macrumors regular
Original poster
Sep 12, 2007
I know that Apple accepts returns on engraved items from experience.

I ordered a 4-Pack of Air Tags and messed up the spelling on the tags (was half asleep).

I got them delivered yesterday.

I am trying to generate a return on the Apple.com site and it says it is outside of the return window.

What gives??

erihp

macrumors 6502
Apr 21, 2020
Wait let me get this straight, you are again trying to return more engraved AirTags, this time because of a mistake you admittedly made and are responsible for, and you think ‘what gives?’ when Apple says nope, not again?

Keep the ones you ordered. If you made a mistake, surely it’s just on one. Deal with it? Why would Apple have to eat it?

Plus what could you have possibly misspelled and why would it matter at alllll, you can only have four characters.

bigjnyc

macrumors G3
Apr 10, 2008
"outside of the return window" doesn't seem to have anything to do with the engraving. Are you sure you are within the 14 day period? If so your best bet is to start a chat online with a CS rep to help you out.

erihp

macrumors 6502
Apr 21, 2020
"outside of the return window" doesn't seem to have anything to do with the engraving. Are you sure you are within the 14 day period? If so your best bet is to start a chat online with a CS rep to help you out.
Depends on if Apple flags your account for previously returning engraved items.

Since he has, I wouldn't doubt if they only let you make that kind of mistake that once or twice before they start disallowing your returns. If it was me, I would.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.