Scheduled Maintenance on July 16th

The Apple Support Community ‘Search’ functionality will temporarily be unavailable July 16th, 1:00am – 3:00am PDT. Thank you for your patience as we work behind the scenes to improve the community.

Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

I use Share in Safari to send article emails, but it stopped working

Go to Safari, select the NYT tab, select an article, go to share, select Email this message. The screen moves to mail, but no email box, including the article, appears. I need help telling me what's wrong, particularly as I use it every day.

Thank you

Michael

MacBook Pro 15″, macOS 12.7

Posted on Jul 6, 2024 2:47 PM

7 replies

Jul 6, 2024 3:48 PM in response to erauser

Thanks, although it amounts to grasping at straws but perhaps EtreCheck will provide a clue. Sometimes it does.

Instructions: How to use the Add Text Feature When Posting Large Amounts of Text, i.e. an Etrecheck Report - Apple Community

In any event Mail isn't supposed to do that. It should do what you have grown to expect. Reinstalling macOS might be justified, but that also amounts to grasping at straws.

Jul 6, 2024 3:17 PM in response to John Galt

Thank you, let me re-explain: I use the Share box in Safari many times everyday. First I select a Tab, say New York Times, then select an articles I want to email, I then go to the Share box and select Email this Page. Normally the Mail page opens with an email including the article, which I then address and press send. What now happens is when I select an article to send via email, the Safari page moves to the Mail page, but no email box appears for me to send.

I much need this facility as I use it many times a day.

thank you, Michael

I use Share in Safari to send article emails, but it stopped working

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.