Scheduled Maintenance on July 16th

The Apple Support Community ‘Search’ functionality will temporarily be unavailable July 16th, 1:00am – 3:00am PDT. Thank you for your patience as we work behind the scenes to improve the community.

Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

how to use safari web browser app on iphone 12Pro max without Safari opening up in Google Search Engine Google

How to use safari App on iPhone 12 Pro Max as my Web Browser of choice , And it not open in Google Search ? I followed the instructions - and it keeps returning to google !

I updated to most recent iOS 17.5.1 and it’s set to auto update .

took my iPhone to Apple Store had them set it up to Safari web browser & after a day it reverted back to Google ! I signed out of my Google Browser ( & Still 😡 grr)

really ?? Why have SAFARI APP IF I CANT USE IT !

iPhone 12 Pro Max, iOS 17

Posted on Jul 6, 2024 1:35 PM

1 reply

Jul 6, 2024 2:55 PM in response to PSFarris

Whatever you are describing is a little unclear to me. What exactly is returning to Google?

Google is a search engine. If you want to choose a different one for Safari to use, select it from the list of available choices in Change Search settings in Safari on Mac - Apple Support. As of this writing the other choices are Bing, DuckDuckGo, Ecosia, and Yahoo.

how to use safari web browser app on iphone 12Pro max without Safari opening up in Google Search Engine Google

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.