Scheduled Maintenance on July 16th

The Apple Support Community ‘Search’ functionality will temporarily be unavailable July 16th, 1:00am – 3:00am PDT. Thank you for your patience as we work behind the scenes to improve the community.

Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Safari privacy protection

Opening a website has become tedious with the new reload reducing privacy protection. I would like to eliminate this feature completely. Please let me know if I can do so. I have OS Monterey 12.7.5.

Thank you.

MacBook, OS X 10.11

Posted on Jul 6, 2024 10:07 AM

7 replies

Jul 6, 2024 3:43 PM in response to John Galt

When you click on "reload this page" in "view" you can reload "decreasing Privacy Protection", and the website loads immediately. When opening a website it loads it with "Privacy Protection", and it takes a long time to load, so you have to "reload this page decreasing privacy protection". It's annoying to have to go through two steps now when opening a website.

Safari privacy protection

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.