Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Why my cell device se 3rd generation can not update iOS v. 16….

My I phone is se 3rd generation. It has bought since one year ago, but it can not update software iOS v16.6. Please give a support, thanks

iPhone 6, iOS 12

Posted on Oct 9, 2023 6:41 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Oct 9, 2023 8:15 PM

You're not talking to Apple here, but to other Apple users.

The iPhone SE (3rd generation) is compatible with iOS 17. So if it is offering you iOS 16, you ought to be able to upgrade to it.

I have seen other posters say that sometimes, if you are trying to jump up several versions of iOS at one time, the phone might not be able to update itself wirelessly. In this case, you may need to update your iPhone manually with the help of a Mac or a Windows PC.

From the Related Article:

"Learn how to update your device manually if you're using a Mac with macOS Catalina or later, or if you're using a Mac with macOS Mojave or earlier or a Windows PC."

Note that the iPhone 6 mentioned in your tag line cannot run anything higher than the latest update to iOS 12.

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Oct 9, 2023 8:15 PM in response to WinnieLee58

You're not talking to Apple here, but to other Apple users.

The iPhone SE (3rd generation) is compatible with iOS 17. So if it is offering you iOS 16, you ought to be able to upgrade to it.

I have seen other posters say that sometimes, if you are trying to jump up several versions of iOS at one time, the phone might not be able to update itself wirelessly. In this case, you may need to update your iPhone manually with the help of a Mac or a Windows PC.

From the Related Article:

"Learn how to update your device manually if you're using a Mac with macOS Catalina or later, or if you're using a Mac with macOS Mojave or earlier or a Windows PC."

Note that the iPhone 6 mentioned in your tag line cannot run anything higher than the latest update to iOS 12.

Why my cell device se 3rd generation can not update iOS v. 16….

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.