Scheduled Maintenance on July 16th

The Apple Support Community ‘Search’ functionality will temporarily be unavailable July 16th, 1:00am – 3:00am PDT. Thank you for your patience as we work behind the scenes to improve the community.

Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Safari ONLY displays Facebook in foreign language regardless of language set in Facebook.

Safari ONLY displays Facebook in foreign language regardless of language set in Facebook. I can view any other page and they are in English. I can view Facebook in any other browser and change the language. It is in English. Facebook shows in another language and it does not matter what language I select on Facebook, it stays in the foreign language.

I selected English (US) in this image and it remains in that language. Except for some of the text on the page. In the second image I selected another language (French?) and the text changed on the page but remains in the other language in some places like the login info and the text links at the bottom.

I JUST updated to MacOS 14 Sonoma right before finding this issue.

Bug in new OS?

Suggestions or ideas?

Thank you!

Al

MacBook Air (M1, 2020)

Posted on Sep 27, 2023 4:15 PM

Similar questions

5 replies

Jun 19, 2024 3:26 PM in response to alexfromcrystal lake

No Google search or community site OR Apple support could fix this - but I figured it out:

Ok - Here’s the fix

• Go to Safari settings on ios.
  • Scroll down and change the web browser setting from mobile to desktop view.
  • the desktop view of the FB login page will still be in a foreign language however on this same login page in the middle of the page see small print where you are able to choose/change language back to English.
  • Make sure you go back into ios Safari settings and change the “desktop” browser setting back to mobile.

Dec 28, 2023 5:44 PM in response to alexfromcrystal lake

I don’t have a solution, but I’m adding to the ME TOO (including info.)I am also having this problem on my iphone (ios 17.2.1). I am not presently signed into FB, I went to a public FB page from an organization’s website through Safari - so FB is therefore asking if I want to sign in, and it’s all in Malay? Never heard of this language before this. I do use a VPN occasionally but it has not been turned on during this.

Safari ONLY displays Facebook in foreign language regardless of language set in Facebook.

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.