Latest version of XAMPP compatible with M1 chip Macs

Problems with the Mac OS X version of XAMPP, questions, comments, and anything related.

Latest version of XAMPP compatible with M1 chip Macs

Postby Saber-TUN » 08. June 2024 17:51

Good day,
What is the latest XAMPP version compatible with M1 chip-equipped MacBook Pro laptops, please? And how to override the "not verified app" message that appears when attempting to install the dmg file?
Saber-TUN

XAMPP version: 7.4.27-0
Operating System: Mac OS X

Re: Latest version of XAMPP compatible with M1 chip Macs

Postby Nobbie » 08. June 2024 22:49

https://www.apachefriends.org/download.html

A Native installer installs MariaDB, PHP, Perl, etc. directly onto your macOS system. It supports intel (x64) or Apple M1 (arm64) CPUs.
Nobbie

Postby DidierL » 29. June 2024 09:22

Hi,
I Have the same problem

My configuration : MAC mini - M1 - 16 GB

No problems with previous versions

With last version - version 8,2,4 - and Firefox :
- url : url : localhost/mysite/ : OK Firefox displays list of files in this folder
- url : localhost/mysite/kickstart.php : blank page in navigator

A bug in last distribution, with PHP and M1 processor ?

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Additional remark : To override the "not verified application" :

Remarque : vous pouvez également faire une exception pour une app bloquée en cliquant sur le bouton « Ouvrir quand même » dans les réglages « Confidentialité et sécurité ». Ce bouton s’affiche pendant environ une heure après que vous avez essayé d’ouvrir l’app.
DidierL

XAMPP version: 8.2
Operating System: Mac OS

Postby Nobbie » 29. June 2024 11:27

I dont think its a bug of PHP.

Most probably there is an error in your script, maybe any kind of incompatibility, or missing file or runtime module, missing function, missing rights etc. pp. any of these. Look into the error log and into the access log, also right click into the blank screen of the browser and choose "show source code" or similar, also try to find out why the error is not displayed in your browser (i.e. insufficient configuration of error handling in php.ini) and so on and so on.

Last not least, what is kickstart.php, is it a little test or the starter of a big project which needs to be installed properly? We dont know nothing about, can you run a super small testscript instead?
Nobbie

Postby DidierL » 04. July 2024 07:36

Hi,
Sorry ! I troubleshot errors on folder access : when I create a new folder or when I past a file in htdocs, it's protected and I have to unprotect this item.
It works
DidierL

XAMPP version: 8.2
Operating System: Mac OS

Return to XAMPP for macOS