Medical Communications panel 763

Old Sep 5, 2013, 6:04 am

Original Poster

Medical Communications panel 763

I was on a newly refurbished 763 JFK > AMS recently (the 763's are finally cool!)
and saw this Medical Communications panel.

What would this be used for?

http://imgur.com/Y4PN0wf
Old Sep 5, 2013, 6:31 am

That's where a headset plugs in if there's an inflight medical emergency and the crew or any Dr./medical professionals on board can use those jacks to talk to medical personnel on the ground via a radio or data patch
Old Sep 5, 2013, 6:32 am

Programs: Delta Kryptonium
Delta contracts with UPMC (University of Pittsburgh Medical Center) for in-flight medical emergencies. I would assume the panel would be for a headset to be plugged in so that an FA or medical person could talk to UPMC and have free hands to deal with the emergency.
Old Sep 5, 2013, 6:33 am

Originally Posted by iTanNicNic
That's where a headset plugs in if there's an inflight medical emergency and the crew or any Dr./medical professionals on board can use those jacks to talk to medical personnel on the ground via a radio or data patch
Are they above every seat pair? Or just every few seats?
Old Sep 5, 2013, 9:16 am

Programs: Delta GM, Hilton HHonors Gold, Amex Plat, F9 Summit
We have these in the GA world. I think some of the airlines use it as well.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zxleXBdCnX0
Old Sep 6, 2013, 1:32 am

Original Poster

Originally Posted by OHDL1
Are they above every seat pair? Or just every few seats?
I only saw one at the front of econ comfort. About row 17 IIRC?
Old Sep 6, 2013, 7:55 am

Programs: NW Plat, Hilton, Avis
IIRC we learned at the ATL DO/RWT, some aircraft have medical telemetry equipment. Other attendees, please weigh in if I am remembering this incorrectly.

Also, found this:

taken from http://www.jems.com/article/patient-...medical-emerge

"A small number of airlines have chosen to equip their long-haul aircraft with the Tempus IC, a state-of-the-art telemedicine monitor that includes an automated blood pressure cuff, glucometer, thermometer, capnometer, 12-lead ECG and pulse oximeter that can transmit information (including digital pictures and video) to a ground-based physician."
Old Sep 6, 2013, 7:56 am

Programs: Delta GM, Hilton HHonors Gold, Amex Plat, F9 Summit
Originally Posted by bdnyc
IIRC we learned at the ATL DO some aircraft have medical telemetry equipment. Other attendees, please weigh in if I am remembering this incorrectly.

Also, found this:

taken from http://www.jems.com/article/patient-...medical-emerge

"A small number of airlines have chosen to equip their long-haul aircraft with the Tempus IC, a state-of-the-art telemedicine monitor that includes an automated blood pressure cuff, glucometer, thermometer, capnometer, 12-lead ECG and pulse oximeter that can transmit information (including digital pictures and video) to a ground-based physician."
Thats what my link was, a video of the tempus ic
Old Sep 6, 2013, 9:31 am

Programs: Delta Plat, Southwest RR, HHonors Diamond, Hertz PC, National EE
Saawwweeet! So the next time the obese guy next to me goes into diabetic shock from too many Coke's and snacks, they can take his vitals and teleconference a doctor at the hospital.

But seriously, that's a great feature available to the FA's if there is an inflight medical emergency, particularly if it's over the Atlantic of Pacific with no where to land.
Old Aug 14, 2017, 3:21 pm

Programs: Delta DM MM, IHG Plat, Hilton DM, Marriott SE, Emerald EE, Oakdale Gun Club, NRA & GOA Life Member
I just noticed these for the first time today on my MSP-LAS flight. It was on a 752(OW) between 4 and 5D.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.