.vro file

Just have a drink and chat
eric ct
New Cone
New Cone

.vro file

Postby eric ct » 04 May 2008 19:58

I have a Samsung home DVD recorder that recordes in in DVD-V (non-editable) and DVD-VR (editable) modes. I have recorded all my old home movies in the VR mode, but these are not playable on any other device. I eventually managed to get VLC to play back on the PC, but I wish to convert the format to something that I can burn so any DVD player will play it. Any suggestions ... ??? thanks.....

johnathan
New Cone
New Cone

Re: .vro file

Postby johnathan » 15 Aug 2008 23:48

Hi
Since a reply to my DVD-RAM question I have had some successs and I am invetigating further. Should I get good results I will reply here again

johnathan
New Cone
New Cone

Postby johnathan » 05 Sep 2008 20:09

Hello again

Note I used Ubuntu Studio 7.10

Here are some ideas that I have tried and have been able to make a DVD from .VRO files from a DVD-RAM disk.

1. Using a program called vrosplit (from Altair) to transfer the files as .mpeg files to my hard disk
This is available as a .deb file or source code I used the .deb file as I have no idea yet on compilation, the download site is in Japanese but google did a reasonable translation.

2. Using Avidemux I loaded the file(s) and as PS A+V files (copy) edited them and and re saved as .mpeg.

3. Using Qdvdauthor I burned the files to disk . I also used dare I say (Windows ) with Cyberlink "Power Director" as I have not mastered the Qdvdauthor use of menu's yet both disks played OK

john

Since writing this I have had a few errors with Avidemux in that there is a problem with audio/Video sync. I will seek advice on this and post should it be resolved

John

I have been on the Avidemux forum and have found that the sync can be identified and a time shift made on the audio, files are now correct

John

If the files have a very high audio shift they may still have a problem, although my preference is to use Avidemux, I have found that dvbcut can handle some of them if they are bad

John

pixelbeat
New Cone
New Cone

Postby pixelbeat » 04 Nov 2008 00:41

For extracting the component VOB files from vro files have a look at dvd-vr:
http://www.pixelbeat.org/programs/dvd-vr/

johnathan
New Cone
New Cone

Postby johnathan » 29 Nov 2008 12:08

For extracting the component VOB files from vro files have a look at dvd-vr:
http://www.pixelbeat.org/programs/dvd-vr/
Thanks for the info, I have downloaded the program and will try it some time. At present still I still need to edit the mpeg's so still using vrosplit to give me the individual files off a single large VRO file.

Regards

John

Return to “Coffee Corner”