Re: The Job Thread: Help Wanted or Now Hiring? Post It Here!

Tateman

Ars Legatus Legionis
Subscriptor
Well, the company I work for needs a Senior brand manager.<BR>CallWave employment page<BR><BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR><BR><B>SENIOR BRAND MANAGER</B><BR><BR>This position will work with the Customer Marketing group to conceive and develop CRM campaigns related to introducing new telecommunications services to CallWave's nationwide customer base. Requires an ability to describe technologically sophisticated services in a simple way. 5+ years of experience in product marketing or advertising account management. Exceptional writing skills and some experience designing web pages, HTML emails, and other promotional materials are required. Copywriting experience a plus. MBA preferred or equivalent experience.<BR><BR><B>Fax cover letter and resume to (805) 690-4241 or email: jobs@callwave.com</B><BR><BR> <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Reposting from the old thread:<BR><BR>Here's a job working with me!<BR><BR>Web Applications Engineer - PHP/MySQL.<BR><BR>Expanding Software Development Company is seeking a Web Application Engineer to fulfil a varied role including the design, implementation, and maintenance of web-based applications for both internal and external business use.<BR><BR>We offer an exciting opportunity to be a key contributor in implementing new tools & applications to increase the effectiveness of our technical service.<BR>In addition, you will have the opportunity to work directly with customers in providing pre & post-sales support to their technical solutions.<BR><BR>Requirements: Minimum of 3 years commercial experience using PHP/MySQL; Working knowledge of UNIX/Linux and Apache; Experience in logical and physical database design; Ability to interact with customers and internal cross-functional teams; Strong functional and technical documentation writing, good presentation and code documentation. Expertise with general web technologies, i.e. XML, HTML, Perl.<BR><BR>Excellent opportunity to expand and develop your skill set.<BR><BR>Location: Kentish Town, North London.<BR><BR>Email in profile if interested.

nick58b

Seniorius Lurkius
Got one! Thanks for letting me post here -- View image here: http://episteme.arstechnica.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_smile.gif --<br><br>I'm looking for an entry-to-mid level System Administrator job, primarily in Santa Barbara or the Bay Area. I am not, however, limiting myself to this. Any tech job (such as tech support) would be great, as long as I would eventually be able to move up. Also, I would consider moving anywhere.<br><br>I spent the last four years (during college) doing desktop support with system administration jobs interspersed. My resume is at http://www.frozentech.com/resume.html<br><br>[This message was edited by Nick58B on March 11, 2004 at 11:35.]

sweetpepper

Ars Legatus Legionis
Subscriptor
the company i work for is hiring but (oddly, i think) i haven't seen or heard of any other Arsians in the Ottawa area. (Ontario, Canada)<BR><BR>we need digital verification engineers, RFIC/mixed signal designers, and radio systems engineers. note that i have absolutely nothing to do with any hiring decisions. <BR><BR>IceFyre SemiConductor

Primeous

Ars Legatus Legionis
I'm currently (rather desperately) seeking a job in DFW. My only requirements are that it's M-F between 5AM and 7PM, and that the dress code doesn't prohibit long hair (kept neat and pulled back in a ponytail of course). Secretarial, data entry, desktop support, helpdesk, whatever. I have 5 years in Windows/x86 desktop support, repair, and construction, and 2 years of college (no degree).<BR><BR>E-mail is in the profile if you'd like my full resume and contact info.

hershy799

Wise, Aged Ars Veteran
Ok, so here's the idea:<BR><BR>I live right outside of Washington, D.C. and go to a prestigious magnet program in a public high school (Blair H.S. for locals). Doing summer internships is common.<BR><BR>Anyways, living in the D.C. area offers up many different opportunities for internships: NIH(National Institute of Health), NIST(National Institute of Standards and Tech.), and NOAA.<BR><BR>I am interested in becoming a meterologist, so I would like to get an internship at NOAA for the summer of 2005 (I am in 10th grade now).

m__

Ars Praetorian
I'm looking for small- to medium-sized Web Design/HTML/PHP/MySQL projects to build out a portfolio, the start of which lives here:<BR><BR>http://highballsociety.com/portfolio/<BR><BR>To give a better idea of my PHP/MySQL experience, I've succesfully build: news engines (simplified blogs, if you will), an inventory management system (with custom PayPal-compatible coupon codes), tour date management system for a band, an image gallery, and some other things.<BR><BR>EDIT: I'm also looking for freelance photography gigs.<BR><BR>* Payment is very flexible. <BR>* Work will be done in the evenings and on weekends. <BR>* I live in souteastern PA, if that matters for any reason.<BR><BR>Let me know what you've got.<BR><BR>Thanks,<BR>m__<BR>marc AT highballsociety DOT com

Denver Geek/Tech Needed ASAP<BR><BR>I'll be honest.. I'm getting nervous about my current tech.. he is not reliable..<BR><BR>I need someone who has basic troubleshooting skills or likes to work with computers..<BR><BR>Perks<BR>- Free Schedule<BR>- Vehicle (mobility)<BR>- Laptop<BR><BR>You would be doing basic On Site support/repair in addition to shop repair.. (in addition there would be sales calls)<BR><BR>Working out of my shop is not necessary (no store front) but may be beneficial for tools, sleek computers, parts etc.<BR><BR>Most customers are home users, require troubleshooting of hardware/drivers, hardware, networking, adware, virus's/exploits and basic crappy 3rd party programs tearing windows down..<BR><BR>I will be on vacation or away.. from the 27th to 7th of March and you would be on your own.. my cellphone would be at your disposal and possibly my vehicle.. (cellphone is net ready)<BR><BR>Sales could be 0-15 during my away time.. (you would be a contract worker not a employee)<BR>Payment would be 1/2 my hourly rate<BR>$40 an hour ($80 is my rate) On Site<BR>or $80 for repair of a system 24 hour turn around (set for shop of hours of 4, technically $10 an hour)<BR><BR>This isn't just a one time thing.. eventually or soon even I will need full time/part time tech's and if I can get them from the geek community all the better.. (no training or less so) But if I could especially get someone during my vacation time that would be really nice.. (if this post goes past my vacation feel free to apply anyway)<BR><BR>You can call 303-420-7006 or email me<BR><BR>[This message was edited by The Master on February 25, 2004 at 0:46.]<BR><BR>[This message was edited by The Master on February 25, 2004 at 0:48.]

guilt

Ars Tribunus Militum
okay, now that this is in a non-subscriptor thread, I'll through the ol' resume into the pile.<BR><BR>I consider myself a computer scientist and programmer. I wouldn't be entirely satisfied being a computer scientist void of programming or a programmer without computer science; however, if you have a position that I may fit well, don't hesitate to contact me. <BR><BR>I'm finishing my master thesis up (writing, getting ready to defend) but am done with my classes. I can and will relocate whenever and relocating me would be cheap (like, a hotel for a week while I find an apt, gas and a uhaul). I don't have very high compensation desires, especially if there is room for growth, as long its not insulting.<BR><BR>Anyways, my resume is linked below. I'm a quick learner and enjoy difficult problems.<BR><BR>http://protocols.netlab.uky.edu/~najati/resume.def.pdf<BR><BR>guilt

DogEars

Ars Tribunus Angusticlavius
Subscriptor
My company Microchip Technology is currently (well always) hiring Engineers, marketing folk, sales peeps etc.<br><br>http://www.microchip.com/1010/employ/index.htm<br><br>The pay can be a bit below industry standards, but they normally make it up in stock options. Excellent employee stock purchase program, solid benefits, and just an overall good place to work. I've been here 4 years and if you are interested in a position let me have your resume and I will make sure it gets to the right people and they know you rule -- View image here: http://episteme.arstechnica.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_smile.gif --

Roo

Ars Scholae Palatinae
I'm looking for technical work in the Worcester area, from desktop support all the way up to IS management or mid-level ($1 million range) project management. I've got experience with OS and application rollouts, hardware and software troubleshooting, business process analysis and redesign, and CRM systems. I've helped several small businesses get set up from scratch, and I'm good at cleaning up other people's messes on a budget. <BR><BR>I've got no problem working at any level of the industry, provided it pays the bills--if you or someone you know has an opening or a lead, feel free to contact me at feland@charter.net.<BR><BR>Thanks, everyone.<BR>-Andrew Feland

p dommi

Ars Legatus Legionis
I'm looking for someone good with graphic arts to begin a project with myself and another coder. We are building a metasearch engine to parse job databases and newspaper classified ads. The project is in planning stages and doesnt pay anything but the potential to make a buck is there. <BR><BR>things required of you<BR>logo design<BR>template layout design<BR>consultation on layout issues<BR><BR>We arent starting the project as of yet. I am still researching a few things but I intend to get the actual coding started within a month from now. <BR><BR>Dom<BR><BR>[This message was edited by Dominick on February 25, 2004 at 13:38.]

ezzie00

Seniorius Lurkius
I'm looking for a long-term position in any number of geek type disciplines in the greater Seattle area. I graduated with an IS degree from CMU, worked with two different companies doing digital media management, including pre-sales, RFI's, installation, training, and support. Each of those jobs lasted for a year before the company laid off all the support staff. I'm currently finishing up a year contract with Microsoft as a technical support router for the developer space. <BR><BR>Ideally I'd like to join a systems engineering team, doing pre-sales technical response for a large company such as Real, Premera Blue Cross, Philips, Microsoft, etc. But I'd be happy joining anything from IT, tech support, systems analysis, QA, or Training. <BR><BR>Willing to travel, not willing to relocate, can get a security clearance if needed.

Norrick

Ars Legatus Legionis
Subscriptor
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>I'm looking for someone good with graphic arts to begin a project with myself and another coder. I dont want to get into details over the forum but if this works out we could all be semi-rich. LMK via email or post up and Ill try and give you some details.<BR><BR>Dom <HR></BLOCKQUOTE><BR><BR>Dominick,<BR><BR>You need to provide more detail. If you can't make the offer more transparant than that, your post will have to go. I'll check it again in an hour.<BR><BR>Please read the Welcome thread for Boardroom guidelines. The one that applies in this case is (emphasis mine):<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR><B>3) Are "Help Wanted" posts appropriate? If so, will such posts become prohibited in the Lounge? And if so, where do we draw the line between legitimate propositions and spam?</B><BR><BR>If the Boardroom is indeed going to make the members into stronger business people, we should not hesitate to share opportunities amongst ourselves. At the same time, we want to protect everyone from spam. That said, I believe that solicitations must be completely transparent, spelling out the full details of the opportunity. <I>Any opportunity whose details cannot be disclosed in full should not be posted.</I> The Lounge's perpetual Job thread is a good model to follow. <HR></BLOCKQUOTE><BR><BR>Dom: much better! I'd be even happier if you spelled out the specific job duties of the person you're looking for, but I'm willing to let it stand as is. Thank you for the correction.

Mr. Smith

Ars Tribunus Militum
<B>3D character mesh needed!</B><BR><BR>My company, PortalPlay, Inc., needs to find an artist who has a fully modeled/rigged female anime-style character set up for facial animation.<BR><BR>This is for non-commercial, non-exclusive use, non-public use, so re-using something you have (and have already been paid to create) is not only great by us, but that's EXACTLY what we want.<BR><BR>We will pay up to $500 for the right dataset.<BR><BR>Poser models don't count...<BR><BR>Please let me know if you have something or know of something that I would be interested in.<BR><BR>Email me at esmith@portalplay.com<BR><BR>Thanks.

I am looking for an Internship/summer job in California (It absolutely has to be in California so I can get residency) in any type of computer field, but preferably CS or EE; however, I am open to IT jobs. I am finishing my first year of a Computer Engineering BS at Cal Poly San Luis Obispo. However, I have a bunch of transfer credit, so by the end of the year I will have completed the first year and a half's worth of curriculum. You can contact me using the email address jballard@calpoly.edu.

I am a Boston-area software engineer (programmer) with 9 years of experience who is looking for a new job. I have a bachelor's of science in computer science, and I am working on a master's in information technology.<BR><BR>I work for a major science-oriented defense contractor right now, and I have an active security clearance.<BR><BR>I can be more explicit in email. If you are interested or if you know of any opportunities, please email me at shenderson_coderATsbcglobalDOTnet.<BR><BR>Thanks.

I'm looking for an entry-level position in any computer-related field, preferably in the Toronto area.<BR><BR>I'm a new graduate with a Bachelor of Math in Computer Science from the University of Waterloo. I was in the Coop program, so I had some experience in minor software development, testing, technical support, etc, in companies such as IBM, American Express, and Accenture.<BR><BR>If you have or know of any opportunities, you can contact me at khawong@hotmail.com and I will provide my resume. Thanks.

shabadu

Ars Tribunus Militum
I'm looking for a summer internship in the greater Chicago area (extending into Wisconsin and Indiana). I will have 3 years of a CS degree completed by May and have experience with c, c++, php, perl, java, sql, linux, and photoshop. Any internship in the computer field would be great. If you know of anything, email me at shabadu@myrealbox.com.<BR><BR>[This message was edited by shabadu on February 26, 2004 at 2:03.]

gosub

Ars Centurion
Subscriptor++
<B>IT Manager</B><BR><BR>I'm looking for an IT Management position in the Chicago area, though I am willing to consider relocating to just about anywhere in the U.S.<BR><BR>I have 8+ years of IT Mgt experience working with Windows, Mac OS and Unix, in both a domain and non-domain environment. <BR><BR>I'm not sure if I should post key points from my resume here in this post or not, so just to be safe, Word and PDF versions of my resume can be downloaded here...<BR><BR>Word<BR>PDF<BR><BR>At this time, while I am looking for a permanent position, I am also looking for consulting and/or temp work to help pay the bills. Any leads would be greatly appreciated. Contact info is in the resume or you can email me directly at steven@crider.com.<BR><BR>-Stever

Hi I live in Springfield, MA. I currently work at the University of Massachusetts as the UMass Extension Nutrition Education Department, as Head of Technical Support. I currently service 9 state offices throughout Massachusetts and have been doing so since November of 2001. My job specifications include but are not limited to<BR><BR>PC Hardware and Software support <BR>LAN and WAN support; IPX, TCP/IP, DHCP, VPN <BR>Network troubleshooting and design implementation <BR>Web page maintenance, design and development <BR>Education of staff about computers <BR>Graphics design <BR>Research and buying of new equipment <BR>Installing and Setting up new software and hardware on computers <BR>Meeting with associates to implement idea's for site <BR>Web marketing, via meta tags and search sites, banners, ads <BR>Windows Operating Systems support 95, 98, XP, 2000 <BR>Windows Office Support <BR>Macromedia Dreamweaver and Flash <BR>Adobe Photoshop 7.0 <BR>Printer trouble shooting and repair <BR>Access 2002 Databases, Design and Programming <BR>A/V Support <BR>Apple Macintosh (Server and Client) Hardware and Software repair, troubleshooting and maintenance <BR>Technical Consultation <BR>Web Based Technical Support Implementation <BR>Inventory Database Development <BR>Accounting Database Maintenance <BR>Quark Publishing <BR>Digital Photography <BR><BR>At the moment I am studying a MCSE book on Windows 2000 Network Design. To really get to understand the inner workings of all networks, protocols, clients, services and design. I also do freelance web design, computer graphics and publishing. I graduated from the High School of Science and Technology in Springfield, MA. There I took on computer graphics, networking and Web page maintenance. Although I did not spend too much time in networking as I was sent out to fix school computers most of the time. <BR><BR>You can view my resume here:http://www.devaq.com/resume/<BR><BR>Thanks

Tateman

Ars Legatus Legionis
Subscriptor
Ok, looks like the company I work for is hiring for 7 Marketing jobs. If you say I am the on that refered you (William Tate), I will give you $100 of the referral bonus. Plus you get to work in the same company as two Arsians. -- View image here: http://episteme.arstechnica.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif -- These jobs go out in this weekends newspaper.<br><br>http://www.callwave.com/company/employment.asp<br><br><b>VP-Customer Experience and Communications</b><br>Responsible for creating and managing all aspects of customer experience including branding, advertising, promotions, on-line registration and fulfillment, ongoing service use, up-selling and customer care. The position requires strong marketing skills, customer experience and satisfaction optimization experience, and team building with management skills. A minimum of 7 years in the consumer services or software industry is required, telecommunications experience a plus. MBA or equivalent experience is preferred.<br><br><b>VP-Customer Experience and Communications</b> <br>Responsible for creating and managing all aspects of customer experience including branding, advertising, promotions, on-line registration, software download/installation, up-selling campaigns, user interfaces to the company's software application and website. The position requires executive-level marketing communications skills and history of responsibility for on-line customer acquisition goals and systems. A minimum of 7 years in the on-line consumer services or consumer software industry is required, telecommunications experience a plus. MBA or equivalent experience is preferred.<br><br><b>Senior Director-Business Development</b> <br>Responsible for creating and implementing an optimized customer acquisition growth plan using a diversified channel strategy. Requires financial modeling and analytical skills, team building and management skills, with a proven track record of success in business development and managing a performance-based team. A minimum of 7 years experience in consumer services or the software industry is required, telecommunication experience a plus. MBA or equivalent is preferred. Competitive compensation will be based in part on the success of the business development team against its objectives.<br><br><b>Creative Director</b><br>Design and implement graphical images and copy for the Web, HTML emails and Client software. Ability to work well under pressure and on tight deadlines is a must. Must help champion a simple, elegant user-interface. Necessary skills include strong creative, graphic design, and Web layout skills; Experience with Adobe Photoshop and/or other graphic design applications required. Creative/design input on all projects will be encouraged.<br><br><b>Senior Brand Manager</b><br>Works with the Customer Marketing group to conceive and develop CRM campaigns related to introducing new telecommunications services to CallWave's nationwide customer base. Requires an ability to describe technologically sophisticated services in a simple way. 5+ years of experience in product marketing or advertising account management. Exceptional writing skills & some experience designing web pages, HTML emails, & other promotional materials are required. Copywriting experience a +. MBA preferred or equivalent experience.<br><br><b>Product Manager, Channels & Partnerships</b> <br>Requiring a unique blend of product management and people skills, this important role will be required to: Support business development in evaluating potential channel partners; Develop insight into partner business objectives, and their customers' needs and problems; Define and execute product requirements and launch plans for new partnerships. Experience & Skills: Account management or sales; Product Management; Developing and delivering compelling presentations. MBA preferred or equivalent experience. Minimum 7 years Industry experience. <br><br><b>Marketing Manager- Online Media</b> <br>Responsible for optimizing customer acquisitions through the purchase of online media. The position requires financial analysis of internet tracking information, optimizing lead generation and online campaigns, and managing online and outside media agency relationships. A minimum of 4 years experience in direct marketing and agency buying, internet proficiency and media negotiation experience required. Bachelors Degree is preferred. Competitive compensation will be based in part on the success of the business development team against its objectives.<br><br><br>If you need any convincing of how the company is, here you go. The location is in downtown Santa Barbara. I work in Ops, so I will be the one building your system. -- View image here: http://episteme.arstechnica.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif -- They management team has been excellent for me. The company is about 5 years old now. I have been there since Feburary of 2000. The company is still pretty small, so you get to know everyone pretty well. Since I have worked there, the company has flown all it's employees to Hawaii for a week. Paid for the rooms, and for the week we were off. They did this once before I was employed there. They have confirmed that as long as we make our goals, we will be going again next year.<br><br>So as you can see, it is a pretty damn good company to work for.<br><br>If you have any questions, you can always email me at my work address wrt@ callwave.com. Ofcourse, I have no idea what these positions make per year. -- View image here: http://episteme.arstechnica.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif --

Feshy

Ars Tribunus Militum
I'm a Software Engineer looking for a job in Central Florida. I've got ~3 years worth of credit towards a Computer Engineering degree, and ~2 years or so of paid experience in software engineering. I have a few more years of unpaid experience in coding. I also have many years of both paid and unpaid technical experience of many kinds (e.g. tech support, network administration, repair, web presence... as far as I'm concerned, this part of my resume should read: Birth to present: Dis-assembled, studied, and fixed nearly everything I could get my hands on). I'm familiar with the usual host of OS's and languages.<BR><BR>If you are interested, want a resume, or have questions as to wether or not I meet some qualification you are looking for, don't hesitate to write e-mail me at feshy@mobsters.com<BR><BR>*EDIT* as I suspected, mailto: does not work inside a UBB URL header.

Jacobi

Ars Tribunus Militum
Subscriptor++
Thanks to ProphetM for pointing me to this thread.<br><br>See http://episteme.arstechnica.com/eve/forums?a=tpc&s=50009562&f=34709834&m=202003182631 for all the details.<br><br>Basically I'm moving out of IT and into programming and we need someone here to take over the IT duties of the company. It's not a large company so that basically means the position is mostly desktop support but we do have a couple servers in the back. -- View image here: http://episteme.arstechnica.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_smile.gif --<br><br>Send resumes to differential@inherent.org and jobs@sparkunlimited.com

Hey guys...<BR><BR>I was just contacted by a headhunter that I've dealt with in the past. He is looking to fill an ASP / SQL developer position in the Tampa Bay area. It's a 6 month contract position that allegedly pays about 30 - 35 bucks an hour.<BR><BR>Supposedly they are looking to fill this ASAP and hopefully even start the newhire on Monday - so, if any Tampa Bay Arsians out there are looking for a fast-moving lead and have ASP and SQL experience - contact me (email is in the profile.) I will pass on the headhunter's info and put in a good word...

<B>Mac Professional Wanted!</B> Exton, PA (outside of Philly suburbs, close to West Chester)<BR><BR>My company, American Color Packaging, is looking for a Mac professional and we're looking to hire ASAFP.<BR><BR>A good candidate will be throughly familiar with Illustrator 8 and higher, comfortable in Photoshop, Freehand, and Quark.<BR>We use, almost exclusively, Illustrator 8 and 10.<BR>OSX experience is a definite plus since we've just recently moved to all OSX.<BR>Any familiarity with flexo printing would be a great plus as well.<BR><BR>We're located in Exton, Pa, right off of Rt 30 just past Rt 100.<BR><BR>If you're interested, please send your resumé to jim_leek@amcolor.com or:<BR>American Color Packaging<BR>Attn: Jim Leek Re: Mac Position<BR>465 Creamery Way<BR>Exton PA, 19341-2508<BR><BR>Or if you have any questions about the position you can email me kevb AT Mac DOT com (you'd basically be working with me).<BR><BR>Jim Leek is my boss. He does the hiring so I can't tell you what the kind of salary to expect, though I can say that they do pay very well if you're experienced.

leavitron

Ars Legatus Legionis
Subscriptor++
<B>Wanted to trade for:</B><BR><BR>Long-term, steady relationship with a family-oriented business that respects a good, hard-workin' guy. Candidate's interpersonal skills are not as polished as some, but he more than makes up for it in hard work and light-hearted nature.<BR><BR>What the candidate provides: Hard work, PC tech skills, hard work, net tech skills, great troubleshooter, did I mention hard worker?<BR><BR>What the company provides: A regular paycheck and good benefits.<BR><BR><BR>Ideally, a move right now is out. But if the job is great I'll do anywhere in Indiana, Ohio, Kentucky, Tennessee. I'll do parts of Michigan, Illinois, and perhaps Pennsylvania. Other areas may be considered.

theFinn

Ars Tribunus Militum
Subscriptor++
Hi everyone. <BR><BR>A junior level web developer/Linux system administrator job position has opened up at my company, Fun Sun Vacations.<BR><BR>The job is in <b>Edmonton, Alberta, Canada</b>. We're looking for a local candidate and won't pay relocation costs.<BR><BR>Anyway. Here's the Details:<BR><BR>---------------------------------------<BR><BR>Junior Web Developer/Linux System Administrator<BR><BR>Responsibilities:<BR>- Maintain layout and deployment of database driven, dynamic commercial web sites. <BR>- Assist in implementing effective and compliant web concepts and strategies. <BR>- Provide web-related support to staff. <BR>- Maintain and upgrade Linux based web and database servers<BR>- Setup, maintain, and configure Apache, MySQL, Perl and PHP<BR><BR>Qualifications: <BR><BR>A minimum one (1) year practical experience in at the following is a must:<BR>- PHP<BR>- MySQL<BR>- HTML<BR><BR>Experience in any of the following is a strong asset:<BR>- Perl/CGI<BR>- XML/XSLT<BR>- Web design/development skills such as CSS, DHTML, and Javascript<BR>- C/C++ skills an asset.<BR>- A background in technical writing.<BR><BR>Must have a good working knowledge of:<BR>- RedHat Linux, Debian Linux.<BR>- MySQL server management and troubleshooting. <BR>- Some knowledge of Windows Server technologies a plus. <BR><BR>A successful candidate must be able to work independently with little supervision, be personable and communicate well with others, and have good team spirit. <BR><BR>Pay: approx. $12.50/hour (paid on salary)<BR><BR>Applications: Please submit your résumé to webjobs@funsunvacations.com on or before 4:30, March 19, 2004.<BR><BR>Fun Sun Vacations is one of Canada's largest travel wholesalers, a very successful and stable privately held company. We're an office of around 200 people located in downtown Edmonton with satellite offices in Toronto, Hawiaii, and Costa Rica. We've been listed as one of Canada's top 50 best managed companies 2 years in a row.

Tateman

Ars Legatus Legionis
Subscriptor
There are a couple more jobs to add to the list of available job list in my post above:<BR><BR><BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR> <BR><B>CUSTOMER SUPPORT REPRESENTATIVE</B><BR>Requires direct phone and email support experience. Good listening and fast reading skills required. Experience with PC desktops and solid knowledge of hardware and software a plus. Needs to be detailed oriented and able to work in a fast environment. Spanish speaking a plus. <BR><BR><B>RECEPTIONIST/OFFICE ASSISTANT</B><BR>Responsibilities include phones, ordering supplies, assisting staff, handling building maintenance and deliveries. Computer and data entry skills required. Full or part time. <BR> <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Zaskar

Ars Praefectus
Subscriptor
DC AREA!<BR><BR>I'm working with a small business that has a 20 staff office in the DC area that needs a person that is very familar with Microsoft backoffice technologies, can modify existing Microsoft solutions products (some VB/C++/C# and T-SQL) and is not scared to take a dinosaur of a company to the bleeding edge. This person will also handle support issues that cannot be solved by other staff members.<BR><BR>I'm looking for someone with great people skills, can code like a madman (even around Microsoft hacks) and is willing to get their feet wet in the process of re-architecting the way a company does business. You won't be my employee but my client company's staff member. You'll stay and make things run smooth after I'm gone.<BR><BR>I'm in the planning stages of the project, currently there is no budget set, and I'm hoping to find the right person to create a budget around.<BR><BR>There is a very good chance for travel being part of this position.<BR><BR>Send questions and qualifcations to seanATNOSPAMdreammedium.com

BigVince

Ars Praefectus
Subscriptor
I'm on my last week of unemployment, I need a job very badly.<BR><BR>This would be in the Chicagoland area (loop prefered). I am a desktop/network support tech and have been in IT since '97. Over the years i've done alot of contract work, 3 months here 6 months there... Contracting pays well but can really kill your chances at getting a steady regular 9 to 5.<BR><BR>That being said, I'm looking for a full time helpdesk, desktop support or PC tech position. im not averse to contracts at this time but would prefer a permanent position.<BR><BR>so if any local (Chicago) Arsians know of any helpdesk, desktop support or PC tech positions opening up please take a look at my resume Here or send me an email luis.garcia4@comcast.net<BR><BR>Vince<BR><BR>[This message was edited by BigVince on March 19, 2004 at 7:41.]

Anyone that works at NIH in Bethestda interested in taking me on as an intern this summer? I'm still in high school so I probably won't be able to do much <i>real</i> work but I'm definately willing to learn. I'm interested in chemistry, biology, or anything really. I'd be really excited to work with someone from Ars too (-- View image here: http://episteme.arstechnica.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif --) but still if you have a friend looking for an intern let me know. <br><br>Let me know and I'll tell you how to get to my online application.<br><br>Thanks!

We may need a core banking applications consultant on a temporary project.<BR><BR>The Consumer Banking Managing Consultant would possess experience to support the delivery of services / solutions to clients in the financial services industry. The ideal candidate must have the ability to be a client-facing consultant and assist in the sales and delivery of services / solutions. Experience in Core Banking applications and functions (deposits, checking, installment loans on-line banking) and the ability to perform in a role as a Project Manager, Sr. Business Analyst and/or Technology strategist is needed. <BR><BR>The qualified candidate will have experience with delivering solutions in the areas of system selection, implementation, business process re-design, technology due diligence and/or custom application development. Additionally, experience working with and/or having an in-depth knowledge of core banking systems (Fiserv, Sanchez, London Bridge, Alltel, Iflex) is desired.

davechen

Ars Tribunus Militum
Subscriptor
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by MCGreen:<BR>Let me know and I'll tell you how to get to my online application.<BR> <HR></BLOCKQUOTE><BR><BR>I'll take a look at you application. Although I'm not in a position to hire anyone, my boss might be interested. I'm a computer scientist working at the National Library of Medicine at NIH.

Skippy

Ars Tribunus Angusticlavius
Senior MS SQL DBA wanted in LI NY<BR><BR>A company I work for is seeking a skilled senior MS SQL DBA for a busy (successful) dot com.<BR><BR>Skills required:<BR><BR>Several years experience as SQL DBA<BR>MS clustering<BR>Basic Active Directory<BR>Windows 2000 servers<BR>Security conscious<BR><BR>This is not an "official" opening but I do know it exists and will forward appropriate resumes to the hiring party. I also have a level of influence and could fast track the "right" guy.<BR><BR>Send responses to the email address in my profile.